Folsom PT Coronavirus Update
We are now scheduling non-urgent appointments for in clinic treatment, as well as, continuing to treat via Telehealth for those desiring to stay home.
Below is some basic information regarding those services provided at FPT.
- Not all insurance plans offer Telehealth benefits. You can call your insurance customer service number and ask if they offer “In-Network Telehealth benefits for Physical Therapy.” Please feel free to call the FPT front desk if you have any questions regarding this process.
- If your insurance plan does not offer Telehealth benefits, we have a reduced self pay rate of $100 per evaluation and $50 per follow-up.
- Not all FPT Physical Therapists are treating on the Telehealth platform, however, we can easily fit you with another PT if Telehealth appointments are not offered by your therapist.
- You don’t have to be a tech genius to receive treatment via Telehealth! We are happy to help walk you through the process to get set up for your Telehealth visit.
- Telehealth is a great way to receive treatment! We can focus on home exercise programs, ergonomics/home office set up recommendations, troubleshoot pain problems as well as teach you how to treat yourself! A Telehealth evaluation of a new problem will begin with your therapist asking many questions about your pain/problem as well as evaluate the way that you move and function. This will guide the therapist in helping you with advice, exercise and self-treatment ideas to get you on the right track!
If you are interested in a Telehealth appointment for continuation of current PT services, or for a new problem, please call the clinic at 916-355-8500 with any questions, or to get scheduled!
How Folsom Physical Therapy Is Protecting Patients & Staff
Novel human coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is of concern to all of us. We are taking tangible steps to help prevent the spread of disease and protect our patients and staff.
STAY AT HOME IF YOU ARE SICK
A key point is keeping people who are ill away from other people. Therefore, we have instructed any staff feeling ill to remain at home. We ask the same of any patients feeling ill.
PRACTICE PROPER HAND & WRIST HYGIENE
Wash your hands – and your wrists often. Staff regularly wash their hands between patients, but we are placing extra emphasis on this. We ask patients to wash their hands, or use hand sanitizer, before and after treatment or group training class.
COVER YOUR COUGHS & SNEEZES WITH A TISSUE
Please cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. If no tissue is handy, sneeze or cough into a bent elbow. Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing regularly.
AVOID TOUCHING YOUR EYES, NOSE OR MOUTH
People frequently touch their eyes, nose or mouth without even realizing it. Try and eliminate this behavior, particularly after touching objects or being around someone who is coughing or sneezing.
CLEANING & DISINFECTION IN OUR CLINIC
We have always practiced good cleaning and disinfecting protocols and have increased the frequency and depth of those efforts. Rest assured that we are paying extra attention to items that are frequently touched. We have increased the number of available bottles of surface cleaner in our gym. Please help us keep our community safe by sanitizing equipment after use/group training class.
IN REGARDS TO OUR GROUP TRAINING CLASSES
We are now offering our group training classes online through ZOOM
Please contact the front desk at 916-355-8500 to get signed up!
POSTPONED – “Common Foot and Ankle Injuries.” Lecture given by Dr. Harrington, DPM
Our mission is to provide unparalleled quality of care and cost effective support for our patients in a work environment that encourages cooperation, compassion and creativity among our staff, as well as the highest quality physical therapy continuing education available.
What Sets Us Apart
- A world renowned teaching and training facility since 1981.
- A high level of clinical skill achieved through years of experience and specialized training.
- All care is delivered by licensed physical therapists (never by a therapist aid or assistant).
- Clinical continuity: each patient is treated by the same therapist each visit.
- Innovative and function-oriented training methods; exercise and training are individualized, creative and non-generic; patients of all ages and pathologies are compassionately pushed to their maximum recoveries.
- Our short, intense exercise classes allow clients to maintain high levels of fitness for years.